Hi friend and Welcome!
Today I am going to be speeding towards you like Roadrunner with a sweet review. This time it will be concerning the Beyerdynamic T1’s best price! Before we get started, sit back, relax, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show because..
You’ve come to the right place!!
What I will bring you in this review
- Specifications and best price
- A Summary
- Pros and Cons
- AMP/DAC requirements
- Who this headphone benefits?
- A Consensus
Best price: Check amazon! | Check eBay!
Impedance: 600 Ohm
Frequency response: 5 – 50,000 Hz
Material: Velour ear pads, leather head band, metal cups
Color: Silver, Black
Some people consider these the finest dynamic headphones on the planet. They are very natural sounding, open, and airy. They are very neutral, and transparent, and only fall behind the HD 800’s in terms of soundstage realism.
Check out the Sennheiser HD 800’s on sale!
As for the T1’s, they have a nice smoothness about them as well as a realistic bass frequency. They simply make music sound natural and have a really nice flow,without being colored or artificial.
- Tight, realistic sounding bass response. clean and punchy.
- Unbelievably enjoyable to listen to, even being as neutral as it gets in regard to sound.
- Really really comfortable, again a standard with Beyer products.
- Versatile with many genres of music.
- Design is clean and functional, yet attractive.
- Angled drivers (inside the headphones) make for a more natural presentation of sound, imaging, and staging.
- Mid-range is smooth and clean with exceptional detail.
- Soundstage is incredible. One reviewer noted that with some songs, as soon as he put his headphones on and pressed play, the sound seemed as though it was coming from his speakers. Even though he knew it wasn’t, he still had to take the cans off and check to make sure. It won’t happen with every recording, but it gives you a sense of how good the staging is. What is Soundstage?
- Adjustment mechanism of the head-band is a bit imprecise.
- Treble presentation has been called “debatable.” There is a bit of a spike at 8-9 KHz, but some say this is the source of their magic.
- A bit heavy, with underwhelming cable that isn’t as nice as the rest of the headphone.
- Needs pretty beefy amplification to power correctly.
Check out the video!
Unfortunately, at 600 ohms, the Beyerdynamic T1 is a bit finicky about what amps will suffice.
A few good options include:
- Valhalla 2 + Modi (very good combo for this set).
- Asgard 2 + Modi
- Woo Audio WA3
Who this headphone benefits?
- People who want an enjoyable and lush listening experience, but one that is also neutral.
- People who want a versatile headphone that excels with many different types of music, from Pink Floyd to Beethoven. This model handles them all!
- Musicians and producers who require a headphone best suited for mixing/mastering and reference in general. These are best for critical applications.
- People who want a great Soundstage, and the ability to pick out where a musician is standing in relation to them.
An extremely accurate, amazing set of reference cans that reveal everything like a microscope, but are also really enjoyable to listen with. Needs pretty serious amplification to drive correctly.
A very neutral set of headphones that do exceptionally well in mixing/studio environments. At 600 Ohm, you will need to invest properly in a good quality amp in order to see these perform at their highest potential. Though the T1’s are very un-colored and neutral, they have been called an absolute joy to listen with. Most similar headphones in this regard have been called boring and a bit too clinical. The HD 800 is a good example of this slight downfall.
They are also really versatile and excel with a lot of different types of music. If you value good sound-stage, neutrality, and a lush sound experience, these may be the cans for you..
Well that’s about it for today my friend! If you have any other questions about the Beyerdynamic T1’s best price, let me know down below! I very much look forward to hearing from you..
All the best and God bless,