Hi friend and Welcome!
Ever wondered about the Sennheiser HD 650’s best price? Well I’m here today to tell you exactly that, while also giving you a nice in depth review if you are down to read it! Before we get started though, grab a snack, sit back and relax because..
You’ve come to the right place!!
What I will bring you in this review
- Specifications and best price
- A Summary
- Pros and Cons
- AMP/DAC requirements
- Who this headphone benefits?
- A Consensus
Now, without further ado let’s get into all of the things..
Sennheiser HD 650
best price: check amazon! | check eBay!
type: open back
impedance: 300 Ohm
frequency response: 12 – 39000 Hz
material: OFC copper (kevlar reinforced), velour ear pads
color: grey and black metal flake finish
These are some of the most accurate and well respected headphones on the planet. They are a little warmer, lusher, and thicker than their younger brother, the HD 600. They are also a bit more refined.
They are also a little less neutral and more enjoyable to listen with. As an open back model, these will leak sound so be weary of that and know that they perform best in an isolated studio environment, absent any extraneous noise and distraction.
Another thing to note is the impedance level. At 300 Ohms, these will need an adequate amplifier to reach their full potential.
More on amps a bit later!!
They take a bit of burn in time to really get acclimated, so prepare to really be impressed after around the 50 hour mark. Things start to open up considerably and everything kind of settles in. The sound becomes focused and tightly in place, which results in a very clean overall signature.
- extremely accurate and transparent
- great body, warmth, and smoothness
- nice sound-stage and imaging. You are able to place where the musicians are on stage, and being an open backed can, the sound won’t get trapped in your head and leave you fatigued.
- a forward and engaging mid-range. helps with the presentation of the male voice.
- tight and authoritative bass response. less neutral than the HD 600. The bass, rather than being bloated and loud, is accurate and precise. You will be able to hear the tone of a kick drum as well as different textures in frequency. An important thing to remember is to make sure your sound source is of good quality. These will reveal flaws in haphazard mix downs and masters.
- not too picky about which amp you choose to pair with it. Sounds pretty fantastic with most amps.
- very versatile in terms of genre, handling a wide range of musical styles. Rock music is it’s strongest suit.
- comfort. those velour ear pads make it so you can wear these for hours and not get fatigued.
- replaceable parts, which ensures longevity out of your purchase.
- too smooth. Like Fonzie except not, these headphones are so chill that they may make you fall asleep!
- treble is lacking a bit. This is the “veiled” sound that people talk about in regards to Sennheiser headphones. Somewhat lacking in air and harmonic content. What is the Sennheiser veil?
- HD 600. Many people prefer the more neutral HD 600 over the laid back sound signature of the HD 650. Others like the fact that the 650’s bass has a little more impact and weight behind it.
Check out the video!
The great thing about the HD 650 is that it isn’t too picky about which amp you choose. At 300 Ohms, it does need one to reach it’s full potential, and a few good options would be:
- The JDS labs 02
- Magni/Modi combo (very common and a great option)
- E09k paired with the E17
- Bottle-head crack
Pricier options include:
- Valhalla 2 + Modi (many are saying this is the best overall combo)
- Asgard 2 + Modi
Who this headphone benefits?
As alluded to in the open, this is a very versatile headphone that handles a wide variety of genres including:
It’s bread and butter is most definitely for Rock music. This is in part due to the mid-range as well as the bass not drowning out other frequencies. The treble also has a lot to do with it.
Since 2003, It’s been one of the most beautiful sounding headphones around. It’s extremely accurate, has a really great mid-range, accurate bass, and is very comfortable over a long period of time. It’s treble is lacking a bit in the upper registers, and it has been criticized for being a bit too smooth, almost lulling you to sleep..
What you are getting with these is a brand new music collection. Why? Because they revolutionize everything you own, plus the music you haven’t heard. It’s like hearing all of your old favorites for the first time again. You will start to notice things in music that you never knew were there. This is one of the best things about higher end headphones. They make you realize what you were missing!
So what do you think about these? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments and Contact me if you have any questions!
Well that’s about it for today folks! If you have any other questions about the Sennheiser HD 650’s best price, let me know down below! I very much look forward to hearing from you..
All the best and God bless,