Greetings friend and Welcome aboard!!
Before we get into the Adam A7X Review, grab a snack, sit back and relax because..
You’ve come to the right place!!
What I will bring you in this review
- Video Review
- What these monitors are good for?
- What you will need?
- Thoughts from Stu’s notepad
- Final Word
Now without further ado, let’s get rolling!!
- Low-frequency driver: 7″ (178mm) Carbon Fiber/Rohacell/Glass Fiber Midwoofer
- High-frequency driver: X-ART Tweeter
- LF Amplifier: 100W RMS
- RF Amplifier: 50W RMS
- Crossover: 2.5kHz
- Frequency Range: 42Hz – 50kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 114dB, Peak. What is SPL?
- Connectors: 1 x XLR Input. What is XLR?
1 x RCA Input
1 x Power Input
- Input Impedance: 30 kOhms
- Controls and Indicators: 1 x Power Switch
1 x Gain Control
1 x Tweeter Gain Control
1 x High Shelving Control
1 x Low Shelving Control
- Shielded: No
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 13.5 x 8 x 11″ (337 x 201 x 280mm)
- Weight: 20.3 lbs (9.2kg)
A big selling point of the A7X studio monitor is its phenomenal mid-range. What are studio monitors? Nearly every positive review pointed out the fact that vocals and instruments really come to life with these. They really provide a 3-d soundscape that mimics actually being in front of the musicians.
They are also extremely honest and transparent, and won’t make your mixes sound better. They will simply reveal to you what you recorded or how the music was recorded.
- Great for smaller rooms.
- Clean & clear bass response.
- Great stereo imaging.
- Solid build/construction.
- Non-fatiguing. You can listen non stop without getting tired.
- Reveals details in your recordings that you’ve never heard before.
- Very transparent. If the mix or song sounds crappy, you will know.
- Great customer support.
- Incredible mid-range. Vocals are forward and sound great. The sound really jumps out at you. The low mid-range is especially good.
- Powering the speakers themselves may cause headaches. From power cables fitting loosely to cable connection problems, to one of the speakers going dead inexplicably. These are isolated incidents.
Make sure to subscribe to Jordan’s channel!
What these monitors are good for?
- Watching movies
- Scoring orchestral music for film
- Editing HD video
- Scoring music for television
- Tracking in a professional studio
- Works well with Ableton Live
- Works well with Reaper
- Natural bass
What you will need?
You will need some sort of audio interface to power these properly. What does an audio interface do?
Let me know if you have any questions by commenting below or Contact me!
Thoughts from Stu’s notepad
- The high frequencies aren’t hyped but also don’t roll off too soon.
- The soundstage depth isn’t the best, but that’s nitpicking. What is Soundstage?
- The good thing about the treble range is that it isn’t harsh or sibilant. What does Sibilant mean? The sound is much more balanced overall.
- Mixing becomes fast and efficient with the A7X’s. You’re not going to be constantly going back and forth on different sources making sure that the mix sounds proper. Usually, after the first try, it will be good. The A7X’s will save you time and frustration.
- On/Off switches and volume control are on the front.
- The bass is lacking to some, but these aren’t party speakers. They are reference monitors. If the song has a lot of bass, you will hear it. They don’t overhype any frequencies.
Great stereo imaging and separation. Great clarity and balance. Honest and transparent. Pricey. Professional results. Efficient. Powerful. Solid construction.
The A7X is a powerful home studio as well as a professional solution to your mixing and mastering needs. It’s balanced sound, great clarity, and honest reproduction make it a valuable asset to your rig. It works well in any size room, and its build quality is outstanding. The details heard in all of your favorite recordings will simply blow you away.
Well, that’s about it for today my friend! I hope you’ve enjoyed this review on the Adam A7X Review, and came away with some valuable information.
Questions? Comments? Requests? Did I miss the mark on something? Please let me know down below or Contact me!!
Are you likely to purchase the A7X? I would love to hear from you. Until next time..
All the best and God bless,