- 1/10/19. Headphone Updates.
- 1/15/19. Image replacement.
- 12/24/20. Added updated studio image and some words.
- 1/12/21. Updated headphone collection.
Hey there friend!
Navigate the Site!
- Headphone Reviews & Comparisons
- Microphone Reviews & Comparisons
- Amps, DACs, and Audio Interfaces
- The Budget Kings Series
- Studio Monitors
- Beats, Production, & Turntables
- Gaming, Movies, & Pop Culture
- Build a Home Studio Guide (You Are Here)
- Best Of
Building a home studio can seem like a daunting task. Whether you are a vocalist, a beatmaker, or any sort of musician, you have probably thought about what it would be like to have your own equipment. A studio to call your own. I too dreamed of having my own space filled with all of the musical things that make me tick. Over the years I have accumulated a lot of stuff. Some of it I still have, some of it I sold because either I upgraded, or didn’t need it anymore.
The setup I have now suits me very well and is meant to show beginners that you don’t need any fancy pants state of the art equipment. You can derive great sound from affordable products.
Below is my current headphone collection followed by the lab in different stages!
Pictured left to right: Sennheiser HD25, Philips SHP9500, Audio Technica ATH M40x, V-Moda Crossfade M100, Sennheiser HD 558, Sennheiser HD 600, Sony MDR V6, Audio Technica ATH M50, Samson SR850.
- Skull Candy Uproar Wireless.
- Status Audio CB-1.
1/10/20 Update: I have sold most of my headphones in the above pictures. The only ones left are the Sennheiser HD600, Philips SHP9500, and Skull Candy Uproar Wireless (for the gym). I have also since bought an AKG K702 & K612. Updated pictures to come. 🙂
- Current headphones (from left to right): AKG K240M (600 Ohm), AKG K260, AKG K612, K702, Koss KPH30i, Philips SHP9500, Sony MDR101, Philips SHP9600, Sennheiser HD600, HIFIMAN DEVA, Koss KSC75 (lower shelf).
- Not pictured: Skull Candy Uproar Wireless, HIFIMAN TWS600.
- PC: Gateway (Can’t remember the model)
- Monitor: 19″ Lextron
- Turntable: N/A
- Drumpad: KORG padKONTROL (Old/White)
- Interface: M-Audio Fast Track Pro
- Keyboard: Roland (Can’t remember the model)
- Studio monitors: N/A
- Speakers: Logitech R-20
- Headphones: Audio Technica ATH M50
- Microphone: Samson C01
- Stand: On Stage MS7701B
- Tank: Fish XD
- Desk: My old desk from when I was young. It was a great desk in its time.
- Chair: Computer