Hello there friend and Welcome aboard!!
Before we get into the AD900x vs. AD700x comparison, grab a snack, sit back and relax because..
You’ve come to the right place!!
What I will bring you in this review
Today I will provide a no nonsense comparison of these two and link to my recommendation towards the end! 🙂
- Similarities & Differences
- Final Word
Now without further ado, let’s get rolling!!
Similarities & Differences
- Both are manufactured by Audio Technica.
- Both are phenomenal for gaming and perhaps the best headphone you could buy for such an endeavor. The reason for this is because of the bass; it’s subdued enough to make room for the mid-range, providing immaculate positional audio. This means you start to hear things from farther away and are better equipped to prepare yourself for an oncoming threat.
- Both have a bass that is very lean – that is to say it’s there, but doesn’t have a lot of impact. The upside is that it’s very detailed and articulate. You’re able to discern bass notes a lot better than just feeling the bass rattle your dome.
- Both headphones have 53mm drivers. What is a Headphone Driver?
- Both have a good soundstage, which is perfect for gaming. What is Soundstage?
- Both have that treble sparkle that you either love or hate. With the 900x, I did experience some fatigue as the headphones tend to become sibilant at times. What does Sibilant mean?
- Both are pretty much identical in build quality, fit, and look exactly the same. They both have the winged headband feature, which kind of almost requires the rubber band mod.
- Both are open backed. Closed back vs. Open back headphones.
- Both weigh the same and have the same impedance. What is Headphone Impedance?
- Both have the same cable length of 3m.
- Both have the same sound pressure level of 100dB/mW. What is SPL?
- Both have the same frequency response, though the 900x reaches a bit higher in the treble area. 35 kHz vs. 30 kHz for the 700x.
- Sound. The AD900x has a fuller sound and a deeper bass response with more impact. It’s also more of a balanced sound overall. The AD700x by contrast gives you better clarity with less impact. The 700x actually may be better for gaming specifically, while the 900x has the better overall sound.
Between these two, I would go for the 900x as an overall headphone (which is still great for gaming), and the 700x if you only need it strictly for gaming. Interested in learning all about the 900x?
Well that’s about it for today my friend! I hope you’ve enjoyed this AD900x vs. AD700x comparison.
Questions? Comments? Requests? Did I miss the mark on something? Looking for something else? Please let me know down below or Contact me!!
Which of these tickles YOUR pickle? What do you think about the 900x? I would love to hear from you. Until next time..
All the best and God bless,
Can’t decide which headphones to purchase? Interested in a complete buyers guide outlining over 40 of the best options on the market? Click on over to the best audiophile headphones to learn more!!
Be sure to also check out my Reviews and Resources page for more helpful and informative articles!