Hi friend and Welcome aboard!!
Before we get into the Rode NT USB vs. AT2020, grab a snack, sit back and relax because…
You’ve come to the right place!!
What I will bring you in this review
Because I’ve already discussed each of these in past reviews, I will quickly give the Similarities & Differences and then point you to those articles. 🙂
- Similarities & Differences
- Comparison Video
- Final Word
Now without further ado, let’s get rolling!!
Similarities & Differences
This will compare both the AT2020 and Plus versions with the NT USB.
- Both are plug and play cardioid condenser USB microphones. The difference between a USB microphone and an XLR microphone.
- They both excel in many of the same situations; Podcasting, voice-overs, etc.
- Both the AT2020 USB Plus and NT USB have monitor-mix controls.
- The specifications of both mics are very similar.
- The NT USB has a headphone output and volume adjustment, while the AT2020 USB does not. It’s important to keep in mind that the AT2020 USB Plus version does have a headphone jack with volume control.
- The AT2020 has a more balanced sound overall, while the NT USB places more of an emphasis on the low end and warms up the sound.
- The NT USB comes with a tripod stand, pop shield and ring mount. The AT2020 USB comes as is. The AT2020 USB Plus comes with a tripod desk stand with swivel mic mount that can be attached to a separate mic stand.
- The NT USB is a little more expensive than the AT2020 USB.
- The NT USB has knob control, while the AT2020 USB Plus has dial control.
- The NT USB is a bit bigger than the AT2020.
The bottom line is that there isn’t an awful lot of difference between the two sound wise. They are extremely similar and which mic you go with will depend on very subtle considerations.
Interested in learning more about the NT USB?
What about the AT2020?
When I start to think about it, the NT USB, Yeti, and AT2020 all have a very similar sound. I know this article compared the NT and 2020, but my go to USB mic is still the Yeti with the other 2 very close behind.
Well as you’ll see in the article, the Yeti has a more sturdy stand, better/more features, and a better build. It’s just more versatile. Couple that with it’s more affordable price and it’s still the best on the market. Check out my official review!!
Well that’s about it for today my friend! I hope you’ve enjoyed this article on the Rode NT USB vs. AT2020.
Questions? Comments? Requests? Did I miss the mark on something? Please let me know down below or Contact me!!
Which of these tickles YOUR pickle? I would love to hear from you. Until next time..
All the best and God bless,