Greetings friend and Welcome aboard!!
Before we get into the Sennheiser Momentum vs. Momentum 2.0, grab a snack, sit back and relax because..
You’ve come to the right place!!
What I will bring you in this review
Today I will provide a quick comparison between these two, and then give a recommendation towards the end. 🙂
- The many faces of Momentum
- Similarities & Differences
- Final Word
Now without further ado, let’s get rolling!
The many faces of Momentum
Similarities & Differences
- Both are closed back headphones. Closed back vs. Open back headphones.
- Both have a similar look and design.
- Fit. The main difference between these two buddies is that even though the original Momentum was marketed as Circumaural, the cups weren’t quite large enough for most ears. This was the crux of the issue with them, and is the reason why the 2.0’s came into existence. If you have very small ears, the original Momentum may work for you. However, if you have normal to bigger ears, you will need the 2.0’s.
- Fold-able. The upgraded 2.0’s are fold-able while the originals were not.
- Rotate. The ear-cups on the upgraded 2.0’s also rotate better for an easier fit.
- Mid-range. The mid-range was a bit recessed or lacking in the original model, while it’s more forward in the 2.0 version. Some people claim that this makes the 2.0’s have a bit more of a “shout” which is understandable.
- Price. The original Momentum’s are more affordable than the 2.0’s.
The upgraded Momentum 2.0 is better by all accounts, as it improves on comfort, convenience (being able to fold up), and it’s sound is a bit more focused in the mid-range. Interested in reading some reviews?
Well that’s about it for today my friend! I hope I’ve cleared up the differences between the Sennheiser Momentum vs. Momentum 2.0.
Are you convinced that the 2.0 is indeed an upgrade? Let me know!!
If you have any other questions, or need me to clear something up, don’t hesitate to reach out by leaving a comment down below. You can also Contact me directly! I very much look forward to hearing from you..
All the best and God bless,