Hi there friend and Welcome aboard!
Before we get into the AKG P220 vs. AT2035, grab a snack, sit back and relax because..
You’ve come to the right place!!
What I will bring you in this review
Since I have already reviewed both of these, today I will give you the similarities and differences and then link you to separate reviews of each. 🙂
- Brief Introduction
- Similarities & Differences
- Final Word
Now without further ado, let’s get rolling!
Both of these are cardioid condenser microphones that require 48v phantom power. What is a cardioid capsule?
Both are also very well regarded and get very high marks around the internet. Other than that they are very similar but also different in subtle ways.
Similarities & Differences
- Both are cardioid condensers that require 48v phantom power via Your audio interface, preamp, or mixer. Preamp vs. Interface
- Both use XLR cables. What is XLR?
- Both have a neutral sound signature.
- Both are extremely versatile and can be used on many sources.
- Both have the same frequency response of 20Hz – 20kHz.
- On-board features. The AT2035 has a switchable 10dB pad and 80Hz high-pass filter. The AKG P220 has a 300Hz low cut filter and a -20dB pad.
- The AT2035’s SPL maxes out at 148dB, while the P220’s goes up to 155dB with the pad.
- It seems as though the P220 will do better with podcasting, as it has that deep radio type sound.
- Because the P220 has the -20dB pad and a higher SPL, it is better for miking guitar cabinets up close.
Well it’s a tough call, and I’ve recommended the AT2035 as a phenomenal all around investment in the past. I would say if you need a mic that will handle louder sound pressure levels, the P220 is the way to go. It’s also just as versatile as the 2035.
More info on the P220 can be found here: AKG P220 vs. AT2020
I still love the AT2035, and it gets stunning reviews pretty much everywhere you look. This comparison is tough because to me it’s almost a toss up which mic you go with. Other than the slightly higher SPL, they are almost identical mics. What is SPL? Interested in learning more about the 2035?
Well that’s about it for today my friend! I hope you’ve enjoyed this article on the AKG P220 vs. AT2035.
Questions? Comments? Requests? Did I miss the mark on something? Please let me know down below or Contact me!!
Which of these tickles your pickle? I would love to hear from you. Until next time..
All the best and God bless,